Matua Bill Thomas
It is with immense sadness that we bid farewell to our beloved Matua Bill Thomas who left us on Saturday 6 June 2020.
Bill will be honoured for his services and ongoing support to CIOFF as CIOFF New Zealand’s founding member, our President, Past President, and member of the Education Commission in 2012. Bill was also a former Executive Member of CIOFF international.
Bill was a performing member with 2 Kapa Haka Roopu, in Wairau, Marlborough.
Bill will be remembered world wide for his bigger than life personality, his humour, his wonderful friendliness to everyone and his dedication to serving others – As a teacher, guide, instructor, participant, advisor and friend to so many.
We will all miss you Bill
Moe Mai Matua Bill, Moe Mai i roto i to moenga roa ka nui arohanui ki Te Whanau.
Created in 1970, the duty of CIOFF is safeguarding, promotion and diffusion of traditional culture and folklore. To achieve this, CIOFF has the following objectives:
- Promote the intangible heritage through forms of expression such as dance, music, games, rituals, customs and other arts;
- Serve the objectives of UNESCO;
- Support the activities of its members and those of non-governmental organisations and all other institutions working in the field of cultural heritage;
- Serve the cause of peace, through the above objectives.
* Previous Trip Reports Available to Download*
See the download section below to download reports from the Indonesia visit in 2018 and the Netherlands/Poland visit in 2019